Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sunny Saturday!

The title of my blog post has a double meaning. Where I am, it is sunny outside, but I was actually talking about my sweet little kitty named Sunny! Sunny needs to lose weight. Smokey is a good weight (very lean and trim) but Sunny is overweight (fairly significant too). I don't know how much she weighs right now but will be taking her to the vet soon to be weighed hopefully and get some tips on getting her to lose weight. She is an indoor only cat so outdoor exercise is NOT an option. I figure feeding her less and feeding her more canned food will help (along with play) but I'm going to talk to our vet about it first. The cats are currently eating "Purina ONE Beyond" and "Fancy Feast" wet/canned foods (Classic Chicken Feast, Classic Turkey & Giblets Feast, Classic Savory Salmon Feast, and Classic Ocean Whitefish & Tuna Feast). Their feeding schedule includes half a can of wet food each (they split a can) day and I'll be honest, I feed dry food a little bit at a time but don't really measure it. I'm going to stop that and measure the food daily. I'll write a new blog post once I find out how much Sunny weighs and what the vet thinks I should do about it.

1 comment:

  1. Chicken Soup has an Adult Light Catfood. At the moment because of problems with manufacturing I would hesitate to use any Chicken Soup product, but that was what I was planning to put Scylla on before the recall.

    Iams has a weight loss food for indoor cats. They also did a post on feline obesity http://www.iams.com/pet-health/cat-article/feline-obesity#qa5

    Eukanuba has a weight loss cat food but is out of my price range without coupons.

    ReplyDelete