Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My rotation feeding method for my cats

As many of you have probably noticed, I feed my cats several different types of food (I agree with the rotation feeding method). I try to stay grain-free with my selections. I currently feed Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Recipe as the "main" food with Sheba Pate (not super happy with ingredients but the cats eat it, which is something I cannot say for many types of canned foods) canned foods (mostly the turkey and the whitefish and tuna ones) and Wild Calling kibble included in the rotation as well. I also get different canned foods (brands/flavors) as well. I have now started to introduce RAW into the rotation as well. I picked up a bag of Nature's Variety Instinct Frozen Raw Duck Bites yesterday and let the cats try it today. After sniffing it for a bit (it is very different in texture, smell, etc.), they decided it was food and scarfed it down. Hopefully they continue to eat it. The main reason I am using the brand I am is because of the safety and quality control methods that they use to prevent bacterial contamination. So, to wrap it up, in my rotation for the cats, I feed Blue Buffalo Wilderness dry, Sheba canned, Wild Calling kibble, Nature's Variety Instinct Frozen Raw Duck Bites and assorted other canned foods. I figure that feeding a wide variety of foods will lead to less "food boredom" as well as fewer health problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment